Genesis joy project community Institute.2. PROJECT NAME: Genesis joy project community Institute
START DURATION: Program begins on the 1st and 15th of each month. Volunteer can choose to volunteer for periods running from 3 – 6 months.
LOCATION OF THE CAMP: Mathare slum Nairobi County
PROJECT CODE: GVDA MTV 02
PROJECT TITLE: Education and Support in disadvantaged area.
NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS: 4
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Life in Maasai Mara is no different from to other regions of Kenya and poverty has a significant impact on the quality of life that the Maasai people are able to enjoy. Due to remote location of Maasai communities and limited funds, there is a comparative lack of medical knowledge, supplies and education. This limits the care that can be provided to the rural remote communities and means that the care that does exist is spread very thin among wider community. The Maasai medical placement therefore encompasses a number of fields and professionals are solely needed.
- - Teaching foreign Languages and English.
- - Organize games and drama festivals.
- - Organize environment educational classes and cultural change.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- - As a volunteer you need to show patience and initiative to cope with the sheer volume of children in workshops and classes.
- - Experience of working with young people is desirable, Good nature steady nerve and a sense of humor is important for this project. Skills like Art and Crafts, drama, sports outdoor activities and music are very welcomed.
Remember that: - children may come from difficult backgrounds and you will need to show patience and understanding and be able to act as role model. Skills in any extracurricular activities will be welcomed at this project, particularly (but not limited to (art, music and sports.
ACCOMODATION AND MEALS
With the host family in a separate building with required facilities e.g. are pit Latrines, Local bathrooms and Kitchen and internet access available.
200 Euro monthly which includes project work and training, housing, all meals, transport from the airport and to the project site, and 24 hrs on side staff support.